Personal information we collect
How we use your personal information
How we share your personal information
Other sites and services
International data transfer
How to contact us
Your California privacy rights notice
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through
the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, salutation, email and mailing addresses, and phone number.
- Account data, such as the username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, and any other information that you add to your account profile.
- Communications data that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, through the Service, social media, or otherwise.
- Marketing data such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
- Financial datasuch as your stated income, economic standing, general tax and debt related information, and other spending details.
- Real estate data such as your anticipated purchase timeline, location preferences, and any other information you choose to provide.
- Home renovation services data such as the home improvement services you may receive or request and the associated costs.
Third-party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Public sources such as government agencies, public records, social media platforms, and other publicly available sources.
- Data providers such as information services and data licensors that provide demographic and other information.
- Marketing and business partners such as contractors, architects, designers, realtors, brokerage firms, and joint marketing partners.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
Cookies and similar technologies. Like many online services, we use the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating analytics and online advertising.
- Local storage technologies like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email address was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
These cookies and similar technologies may be employed for the following purposes:
- Advertising Used by advertising companies to collect information about how you use our websites and other websites over time. These companies use this information to show you ads they believe will be relevant to you within our services and elsewhere, and to measure how the ads perform.
- Analytics Help us understand how our services are performing, being used, and to provide support. These cookies may work with web beacons included in emails we send to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand user activity on the Service.
You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies at https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/
concepts/gaConceptsCookies and about how Google protects your data at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our sites by downloading and installing a browser plugin available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- Essential Necessary to allow the technical operation of our services (e.g., remember preferences you set or information you entered on a previous page)
Data about others. Users of the Service may have the opportunity to refer friends or other contacts to us and share their contact information with us. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact information with us unless you have their permission to do so.